BARE BONES BOOKS:
(Click on your choice below)
Volume 1 – Old Persia (30 traditional Persian folktales) 1919 and prior
Volume 2 – Old Russia (38 traditional Russian folktales from 1800s)
Volume 3 - True Love (77 enduring worldwide love stories)
Volume 4 – Halloween (105 scary, funny, eerie stories/songs/jokes)
Volume 5 – In the Spirit of the Winter Holidays (109 winter stories)
Volume 6 – Healing Stories (24 healing stories and online resources)
Volume 7 – Croaks Heard 'Round the World (39 stories about frogs)
Volume 8 – A Bit O' the Irish (102 stories/jokes/blessings/proverbs)
Bare Bones Volume 4 - Halloween (see above for details)
Black Bubblegum Story
• Story Tsunami 2004 (survivor accounts/stories/folktales from areas affected)
• Hurricane Katrina 2005: Stories Before and After: Stories, thoughts and reflections on this life-changing event from survivors, supporters, storytellers and others.
• Come Sit on Grandma's Knee
(25 public domain stories from around the world with original illustrations)
• Storytelling in Schools (2007) (co-authored with Kate Dudding). Detailed descriptions of 90+ school programs using storytellers and storytelling techniques to supplement the traditional curriculum. Contact information included.
• Bees, Beetles, Butterflies and Other Beguiling Bugs (2008) (compilation in support of the national CSLP (Collaborative Summer Library Program) 2008 summer theme "Catch the Reading Bug!") — 125 tales, 166-page book; full-page color photos may cause slow PDF download time–be patient! (It may take up to 60 seconds, depending on your computer.)
MOST RECENT RELEASES (Summer 2010):
• Water, Water Everywhere — Make a Splash! (2010) (in support of the CSLP 2010 summer theme "Make a Splash!") — 17 chapters about water in its many different forms. Hundreds of books, links to stories, folktales, fairy tales, online links, and preschool & classroom activities.
• A Story Garden of Fun and Fantasy (Summer 2010)
12 published newspaper columns containing worldwide folktales about seeds and plants with fun recipes for families to prepare and enjoy together. Free seed packets offered with a SASE.
AROUND THE WORLD (NEW SERIES) — SUMMER 2011:
• Africa — African folktales, legends, myths & products
For Baby-Preschool through Ages 4-8, Ages 9-12 and Adults. Includes books, Kindle books, toys and games, beauty products, apparel and accessories, jewelry, MP3 downloads, music, VHS's, instant video, video games, online links and SOS - Searching Out Stories. One-stop shopping.
• Cinco de Mayo - Mexico (2011)
Selected books for all ages, toys, games and costumes, music and online links to stories and further information. Also classroom activities and lesson plans to help students celebrate this event.